Senior Fitness Training
Our Goal is to promote a healthy lifestyle, improve strength, balance and stability thereby increasing confidence and self-esteem!
Studies show that with exercise mature adults can reduce bone loss, increase muscular strength, remain active, prevent falls and injuries and live longer independently! Additional benefits include decrease in lower back and arthritic pain, decrease in resting blood pressure, glucose metabolism and blood lipids improve! Plus, staying physically active increase mental awareness!
Our Certified Senior Specialists will safely and effectively, with the permission and guidelines from your personal physician, will create a program specific to your needs and train you with techniques to prevent muscle deterioration, improve bone strength and boost quality of life.
Specific medical considerations addressed by the Fredericksburg Fitness Studio trainers include cardiovascular and pulmonary concerns, obesity, back problems, arthritis, osteoporosis, balance and motor control deficits, fall prevention and walking problems. We provide guidance, support and appropriate exercises that are well paced, stimulating, relaxing and easy to follow for a successful way to reach your fitness goals.
The 5 components of Senior Fitness at Fredericksburg Fitness Studio include:
- Aerobic Fitness – stimulates the cardiovascular system to improve strength in the heart, circulation of oxygen in the blood, build lung capacity, and maintain healthy weight and blood pressure
- Muscular Fitness – stimulates growth of bone and muscle
- Flexibility – alleviates stiffness, prevents injuries, improves balance and coordination, and makes it easier to engage in daily activities
- Balance – helps prevent falls and broken bones
- Relaxation – helps bring heart rate back to a resting state, as the body cleanses itself of toxins, also relieving stress.