Experience the Power of Your Own Natural Abilities
Functional Training is at the core of every Fredericksburg Fitness personal training session. Our sessions require performing movements in multiple directions that mimic motions used in daily activities (i.e. walking, running, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, turning and climbing) to increase overall strength, stability and stamina.
The brain thinks in terms of whole motions, not individual muscles, so exercises that isolate joints and muscles are training muscles not movements, resulting in less functional improvement. Functional training leads to better muscular balance and joint stability, improving overall conditioning and endurance.
We are not focused on gym-perfect bodies or elite athleticism
but on building your body’s natural abilities
so that you are less prone to injuries and more physically active.
Through Functional Training, you will:
- Increase range of motion
- Reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- Achieve healthy body weight
- Increase lean mass and decrease fat mass
- Support healthier bones, muscles and joints
- Tone muscles and improve total body strength
- Increase flexibility and balance
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Rehabilitate after injury
- Improve overall conditioning and endurance